Because Gmail doesn’t accept when it comes to sending emails more than 25MB of attachments. It is very tough to send large images, videos, or presentations. If you have to send a large attachment file then, you might not be able to do. There is a workaround and you can deal with the Gmail attachment limit issue.
Methods to work around Gmail Attachment Limit
There are two main methods that will help to enlarge the attachment size limit of Gmail. We will cover both of the methods one by one. The procedure which we are going to discuss will definitely help you to enhance the Gmail attachment limit for files.
Method 1 – Via Gmail Google Drive
The default option for most people is to try to share files that are larger than 25 MB. When Gmail detects that the mail is more than 25 MB then, it uploads the attachments automatically to Drive. It also allows you to add a download link to it in the mail.
This automatic procedure is helpful, but it will be tough to work with specifically if you have multiple large files. For more detailed procedures, it is advisable to use Google Drive manually to upload large attachments of more than 25 MB.
Steps to use Cloud Storage method
You will need to sign for Google Drive using your browser. Google Drive is actually cloud storage and file sharing service that serves a higher storage limit than Dropbox account.
- When you log in to Google Drive using a Google account, you will need to access 15 GB of cloud storage space freely
- This is the time when you have to create a folder in Google Drive. At the time, when you are in Google Drive, click on the “My Drive” icon that appears on the screen
- You will then see a drop-down menu tab that will be there in your browser. From here you can upload the file directly or create a separate folder
- When you are all set with adding the folders and files to Drive, you can open the Gmail Inbox tab. Also, you can start to compose the mail
- After that, find the Drive icon that appears at the bottom of the Window to navigate the files which you have to attach
- You will now see that all of the files and solders are there in the Google Drive account. Choose the ones which you have to upload. Click on the Drive icon “Insert a Drive Link” option on the screen
- Gmail app will then add a download link successfully to these attachments in the email. Click on the “Send” option and when the recipients receive the email, click on the link.
You will then go to the attachments and there you are all set with the steps to enhance the Gmail attachment limit for files
Method 2 – Files Compression
Another simple to get past Gmail client file size is to send the compressed files. To send multiple big files to upload, you will need to compress them into the Zip folder. These folders consume less space and can be easily transferred to other PCs.
- First and foremost, open the File Explorer on the PC and navigate to the data and documents you have to send
- There you have to click on the “Control” key and choose such files which you have to compress
- Now, you have to right-click and choose “Send to > Compressed folder” in the drop-down menu and you are all set here
File compression doesn’t mean that your file will become manipulative. it will remain the same which you want to send. After compression, it is advisable to check that file to ensure if there is everything in the correct form. Use a good internet connection to avoid any issues in the future.
You can now compress all of the large files into the zip folder. This size change will take a few less space while uploading. It also Gmail Help Service you to meet the requirements of Gmail. Thus, these are generally available resources through which the clients will actually want to effortlessly manage the possible issues with the Gmail attachment limit. Clients do get to confront frequently with the most common way of sending a connection document through it.